Many of my clients come to me with a website or other system that meets most of their needs but is missing something they want. Did you buy a new website, database or software system and then realize it needs some changes to fit your needs? Or find you don’t have the capacity to learn how to use it or set it up?
I love tailoring existing systems and sites to fit you better. Let’s talk about what you want and need and let me save you work and make the most of your investment.
Considering spending a bunch of money on a new website, email system or file storage system? Let me look over the options for you and advise you on what will fit your people and needs best, for the right price. With 20 years of experience, I can help prevent wasted money and effort that comes from the wrong choice or implementation.
Common things people ask me to add to their sites:
- Search engine optimization
- Online donations or membership renewals
- Adding calls to action to help clients do what you want them to do with the site.
- Reworking site design to fix issues you’ve discovered when using it
- Solving that setup issue or change you just couldn’t figure out how to do and couldn’t find in the manual
- Providing training or documentation for staff on the new system, specific to your business.
The things my clients find most valuable aren’t that easy to put in a business description.
- Investigate options they are considering with an educated, experienced eye, giving them a neutral evaluation of vendors, technologies or solutions.
- Discover what they know about their best clients and what makes them happy, and apply that go the given situation for them, making educated targeted recommendations.
- Save money and time for their business and staff by finding efficiencies and easier ways of doing things.
- Find out from their staff the honest truth about what practices are actually working, actually used and actually found valuable. Similarly finding out who the key staff are to make sure a project is successful and what they need to support them.
- Help them prioritize their wants and needs based on their most important goals.
- Enable them to let go of ongoing worry about important projects or sales tools by taking it off their hands, performing it competently and demonstrating success.
- Enable non-profits to focus on serving their constituencies, by looking after planning and collecting evaluation data and writing to-the-point reports to demonstrate value to funders.
I offer a free initial consultation. Call 604-813-7674 to get started.
I have been helping non-profit and entrepreneur clients do good things better since the mid 1990s. I am experienced and practical, and enjoy getting useful things done.
These are the values I have worked by in over 20 years of business.
-Sophia Kelly, owner, Tailored Tech
- Know your client and their workers – what they need, what their problems are from their perspective. Find out how they think, what their learning style is, how they process and interact with information, so you can communicate most effectively with them.
- Be interested in how they do things now and why. Find out what works and what doesn’t, and why the client thinks that is so.
- Build trust. Listen. Own your mistakes if you make them and resolve them immediately. Under-promise and over-deliver. Demonstrate that you have done all this.
- Be paid fairly for your work. Document and sign off. Be retained and then deliver. Hold the client responsible for their part but take the rest off their hands and make it all better.
- Be compassionate. Be honest. Be direct and frank. Own your expertise and give clear advice.
- Make technology less complicated and less scary. Help organizations change in compassionate and helpful ways which are worth the effort.
- Recommend the least invasive solution that will work, solve the problem and disrupt the clients workflow the least. Right-sized, appropriate technology is often a better fit than a flashy, radical change.
- Listen, synergize information you receive from the client and pull in other information to find a solution that fits.
- Solve problems. Think about marketing and design impact from the perspective of the clients customers and stakeholders. Shape everything to meet the goal along the way.
- Write clearly. Explain things well. Plan for being able to measure results easily and effectively.
- Work should not feel like a bureaucracy. Keep your eyes on actually making a difference and helping people in practical ways.
- Support strengths. Find the gems and assets that already exist and expand their use and impact. Document existing best practices and expand them.
- Help people do good things better.
Sophia Kelly of Tailored Tech implemented and managed the Family Member online support group system for the British Columbia Schizophrenia Society and HereToHelp.
The system provides a place for loved ones of persons with a serious mental illness a place to ask questions, get referrals and share their experiences with others.
The technical aspects of the project include a confidentiality-enhanced login system, spam control, friendly reminders to inactive members, and complete French (as well as English) language support at the option of the user. The multi-language interface included separate formatting and content design details specific to each language, including sponsor logos. The project marketing was also handled by Tailored Tech, including opt-in family resource email newsletters and a calendar of in-person support event. The entire project was managed with excellent evaluation and under budget.
Has your organization located funding for a project, but you don’t have the internal capacity to get it up and running? Tailored Tech can help with project implementation, management and assessment support.
Contact us to discuss your requirements at 604-813-7674.