Need a new website for your small business, community non-profit or club on a budget? Build your own WordPress website from start to finish with expert instruction and support in this two day workshop. No programming knowledge needed. Taught in Vancouver, Canada
DIY WordPress Website Course
- Walk in with photos and text and walk out with a completed website, optimized to achieve the goals of your business or non-profit group, for a fraction of the cost.
- You’ll understand how your website works and be able to maintain it yourself.
- Includes a delicious catered lunch and networking with other participants.
This two day course will guide you step by step through the process of creating your own website to suit your business or non-profit. You will learn and practice the skills to create a website that markets your services and invites action.
- Set up a hosting account,
- Create a web marketing strategy,
- Make and implement design decisions,
- Customize a template to fit your brand,
- Create and edit pages, and add pictures and video.
- Learn how to maintain and back up your own site.
This workshop is small, with lots of individual attention, and where possible is organized by industry or focus to facilitate networking among classmates over lunch.
Two days are available, with most of the setup done as a group on the first day, with optional individual work with support on the second day.
Prerequisites / Requirements: Laptop (bring your own or rent), basic computer literacy and proficiency with common computer software, such as the ability to edit a word document or send and email with an attachment.
Contact us for more detail at 604-813-7674 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Class size is limited to 8, so register now to reserve your spot.
Busy on these dates? Let us know and we’ll put a list together for other dates.
- November 14-15 (Thursday-Friday) Vancouver 9am – 5pm
- December 13-14 (Thursday-Friday) Vancouver 9am- 5pm
- For Therapists in Private Practice
- For Entrepreneurs
- For Non-Profit Staff
- Custom course for your staff, group, club, conference or organization team
Add On Services
Professional photography: Get professional head shot photos taken for your website that build confidence in your brand. If shot prior to the course, photos will be delivered ready for the web to incorporate into your website during the workshop.
Professional writing, copy editing and proofreading: Need proofreading or copy editing for the text of your site? Need someone to write web-ready text for your site? Writing, editing and proofreading services are available both in advance of the workshop (so you’re all ready to go) and editing and proofreading services available afterward. Hourly or per word cost applies.
Can you do some (or all) of it for me?
Do you need something too fancy for an introductory workshop? Do you have a lot of pages or images to upload? No problem! You can create the basic structure, make the design choices you want and we can take it from there, or we can build it for you from the ground up. WordPress customization, design and content creation services are available, along with monthly backup and upgrade services to keep your site safe.
The resulting website will be a WordPress website, from one of your choice of several pre-selected well-designed, mobile-ready templates. You will customize and set up your chosen template during the course. You will type in or paste in your own text, and upload your own images, or purchase and upload stock images. Additional customization, and programming and design services beyond the scope of the course is available for an additional charge. If you do not already have a web hosting service, you will set that up during the first portion of the course. A credit card or PayPal account will be required to pay for these services, which are not included in course cost.